Sunday, January 13, 2013

Being Profound, Living Forever, and Loving


We all, as human beings, have this “need” to do something meaningful or important. A writer wants to create some quote to be recited by future generations as a sort of mantra or to be thought of as insightful or talented. But truth be told, we all crave to do something like this: to live forever, in a sense.
Whether we choose to do something remarkable, to be remembered by nations, or simply begin a family tradition, we do this for a reason. Living forever. The best example: Voldemort. Do driven by this need; he tore his soul apart, simply to live forever. It’s crazy to think somebody doing that in the real world, but I feel some people would actually do that. Just to make a mark on this world.
I’d rather make art. Not in the conventional way, but in an authorial manner. I want to not create a quotable quote, but a profound writing style. A style that will be worthy to be studied by high school English students. A style they will loathe me for.
I want to write beautifully, which is, in essence, profound. Profoundness. It’s a driving force in this world. From poets to protesters. From house wives to serial killers. Everybody wants to be infinite.
In my daily life, school, people are constantly claiming to be the person who “started” blah blah blah. These people want credit. They want to be thought of as creative and funny and clever. I hate those who say it, though. I’ve always thought of them as annoying, but then while writing this, I thought of why. They do that for the same reason I write and artists make art: to be remembered.
It’s something you or I cannot suppress. This need. I brought up Voldemort earlier. He literally dismantled himself in order to last forever. He wanted every wizard to know his name, and fear it. The extreme of the need, I’d say. If we aren’t careful, we may turn into a selfish and horrid person J.K. Rowling created. Strive to be like Harry. Be willing to sacrifice. Be brave, be courageous. Take risks. Be kind.
Like many things in like, we can learn from Good Ol’ J.K. we learn how integral love is to ourselves and those who surround us. And to pity those who live without love. For love is the binding factor of this world. In my very own opinion, of course. There’s love between parents and children, friends, significant others, the world.
When tragedies strike, there are people, worldwide or even down the street, which are willing to help. Because of love. Why do you think the most profound quotes, songs, poems, novels, speeches, verses are about it? It is a driving force. Love, pretty cool. Isn’t it? This one emotion is pretty powerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment